Cultural Relevancy is defined as effectively reaching and engaging communities in a manner that is consistent with the cultural context and values of that community; while effectively addressing the disparities of diversity and inclusion within an organization’s entire structure. The Cultural Relevancy Institute establishes a learning community with participants that allows them to spend time learning about and becoming familiar with the definitions and fundamental elements of diversity, as well as opportunities to identify and implement changes to policy, procedure, and/or practice based on learning objectives. YDN creates a safe place for participants to discuss topics that are deemed uncomfortable.
Examine definitions and the fundamental elements of diversity. Workshop focuses on oppression and power and how that impacts individuals; explore personal beliefs around diversity; learn ways to create caring environments that acknowledge culture, and build trust and empower individuals to overcome diversity challenges they face in their lives.
During the series, participants will:
- Explore personal Beliefs around diversity
- Examine how personal history and beliefs impact their work and relationships
- Build trust to overcome diversity challenges they face in their lives
- Identify how bias and privilege impacts decisions within the organization
- Learn how intersectionality impacts cultural expression
For more information about customized training and technical assistance, please contact YDN and a member of our team will follow-up on your request.